The North American Premier Basketball league (NAPB) will announce details about a new team the league is bringing to Owensboro.
A NAPB press release invites media and fans to a press conference to be held at the Owensboro Sportscenter Tuesday, September 12, 2017, at 1pm.
The release explains that the NAPB is a brand new league founded by the former Commissioner of the NBL of Canada and the owner of the Premier Basketball League, which the Kentucky Mavericks belonged to.
The newly formed NAPB is designed to support local markets that would otherwise not have the opportunity to watch live pro basketball. The release explains the NAPB is “professional” because:
- All team owners have the financial strength to own a team
- All venues will be over 2,000 seats
- All players will be paid between $1,500 – $5,000 per month
- All teams will wear professional uniforms
- All teams will broadcast every game either on live streaming or TV
NAPB President/Chief Operating Officer, David Magley, will be in attendance at the press conference, along with Mayor Tom Watson, Owensboro City Commissioners, Blake Henry (General Manager of Owensboro Sportscenter), and City Events Coordinator Tim Ross.